Friday, May 1, 2009

I don't like barbecue...

On Friday the 24th Mommy and I went on a couple of adventures. First, Mommy took me with her to a lunch with some of her work friends. Mommy has been on maternity leave with me, so she hasn't seen these friends for a couple months. Plus, I'm so cute that they all really wanted to see me as well. Mommy used to work near the Phoenix Airport, so we all decided to meet at Lucille's, a barbecue restaurant at Tempe Market Place. It's a long drive for us, but close to her old work. I was a good little boy on the drive over and slept quietly in the car. I was also good for the first little bit in the restaurant, although the moving around and the noise woke me up. Some of Mommy's friends held me, and with all the unfamiliar people and places I started to get a bit fussy. Mommy had to stand and hold me a bit for the rest of the time until I feel asleep again. Even though I was a bit fussy, we both had a good time seeing Mommy's old friends.

That evening Mommy was going to meet up with Aunt Carol and Aunt Melanie to celebrate all of thier birthdays this month. Aunt Carol was going to come out to where we live so we could all hang out together--but she got busy at work and plans changed--and guess where we ended up meeting up with her and Aunt Melanie? Lucille's at Tempe Market Place! Yep, Mommy and I drove back there that evening because Mommy really wanted to spend some time with her sisters. Cousins Hailee and Connor were also there, and it was Connor's first time meeting me, so that was really neat too. I was a good and happy baby again, until we walked into the restaurant. I got fussy and stayed fussy the whole time. We ate at the same table, so maybe I remembered how unhappy I was earlier? Aunt Melanie and Aunt Carol took turns taking me outside, where I wasn't fussy at all. Eventually Aunt Carol got me to go to sleep, and I was a perfect angel for the rest of the night!
The moral of the story is, if Daddy isn't cooking I guess I don't like it! Or maybe I just don't like noisey places...

No comments:

Post a Comment