Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Trip - Mother's Day

One happy camper


Last week Mommy took me on my first trip! We went up to Grandma and Grandpa Romney's house for Mother's Day. Actually, we went up there the Thursday before Mother's Day and stayed until Sunday. Daddy had to stay in Mesa and work, so I missed him lots, but I had a good time on my adventure out of town.
Mommy was really worried about the car ride up. It's about 2 1/2 hours to Chino Valley from our house. That's the longest car ride I have ever been in and Mommy wasn't sure I would be able to be good the whole time. With it just being her and me in the Jeep, and me in the backseat, Mommy wasn't sure what she would do if I cried. I surprised Mommy and didn't cry at all on the way up and on the way home; in fact, I slept most of the time on both trips! :)
When we first got to Grandma's house almost everyone was still in school--only Grandpa, Aunt Alyson, and my cousins Ashley, Reese, and Brigham were there. It was fun to see them and be somewhere new. When all the rest of the kids started coming home things got a bit noisy, and I started to have a hard time. Mommy and Grandpa took me to Grandma's school to surprise her. She didn't know we were coming up to visit and she was really surprised and happy to see us! The car ride calmed me down and I got a good nap in again.
The rest of the evening was a little bit hard for me, and I was fussy a lot, but I was a good sleeper that night and did much better after that. I guess I just needed some time to adjust to the new place and all the people. Aunt Julie got back from school that night--and I got to see her for the first time since I was born!
The next couple of days we spent hanging out and having a good time. One thing Mommy didn't like so much was that I got up so early up there. Normally I go to bed around 9:30 and sleep until 9:30 the next morning. I get up a few times to eat, but Mommy nurses me in the bed and we both go back to sleep. At Grandma's house, however, there was a lot of light from the windows and noise from all the people, so I was getting up for the day between 6 and 6:30. I guess Mommy was still staying up late at night, so she didn't get much sleep on the trip. Oh well, I was still a happy camper and we had a great time!
The whole point of the trip was for Mother's Day. Aunts Carol, Melanie, and Julie, along with Mommy, decided to surprised Grandma with an elegant meal for Mother's Day. Grandma only knew Aunt Julie was coming home from school, the rest of us were a surprise. So on Mother's Day morning, Aunts Carol and Melanie showed up with Connor and Hailee. Grandma was so surprised when they all walked in! Grandma and Grandpa went to church and we went to work getting the meal ready. Well, Mommy and the Aunts worked, while Hailee played and I slept, got fed, slept, got held, got fed, and then watched baseball with Uncle Adam and Uncle LJ. It was so fun to surprise Grandma again when she came home from church and saw the fancy meal!

Happy Mother's Day Mommy!

And Grandma!


Mommy's favorite expression


The Aunts making dinner


I'd been up for 1/2 an hour

And this is how happy I am that early

Another early morning...


Me and Aunt Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment