Now that I am 8 weeks old, Mommy and Daddy decided it was time to start taking me out to stores and places like that. The first adventure I went on was with Mommy. On the 17th Mommy and I went to the store! It was the first time I'd gone out somewhere other than the doctor's office. We really needed trash bags, and Mommy was so nervous about taking me out to the store that she forgot to get them! When she went to check out she asked the checkout lady where the trash bags were and if she could run and get them, but the lady just ignored her. Then Mommy saw the sign that said the checkout lady was deaf, so Mommy just paid for her other things, we took them out to the car, then we went back into the store to get the trash bags. Mommy had a good laugh at herself since that was the whole point of going to the store in the first place! I was soooooo good the whole time we were at the store. I mostly slept the whole time, and just woke up once or twice for a minute, and I never even cried! Mommy was happy to know she could take me to the store and I would be good for her.
The next day was an even bigger adventure! It was the 18th, and Mommy and Daddy wanted to go out to dinner for their one year wedding anniversary. Their anniversary is really the 19th, but that is a Sunday, so we were going out to dinner on the 18th. It was a big deal for Mommy and Daddy to take me out to a restaurant, and I think they were a bit nervous about it. We all went to the Brio restaurant--one of Mommy and Daddy's favorites. This is actually the place they ate at the night before I was born! I was so good for Mommy and Daddy the whole time they were out! I stayed in my carseat and just slept for most of the time, then Daddy gave me a bit of a bottle, and even when I woke up I was happy and just looking around. I didn't even get fussy until we were just getting ready to leave the restaurant. I did get a bit more fussy at home though. I think it was just a lot of new experiences for me and I was feeling a bit overwhelemed at all the unfamiliar places and people.
Then, the next day, I went on one more advanture. Mommy and Daddy took me to church for the first time! Church starts right at my nap time, which is also my fussy time. It sometimes takes me a while to fall asleep or stay asleep, and when I'm not asleep I am pretty fussy at these times. I was pretty fussy just before church started, and that made Mommy and Daddy nervous. But I fell asleep in the car and slept through the first half of Sacrament meeting. Then I started to wake up and Daddy tried to feed me a bit, but I was getting fussy so he took me out into the foyer where I stayed fussy the entire time. Sorry Daddy! I think it was just too many new things for me! Mommy really enjoyed going to church for the first time in a long time without being sick and having to leave becuase of that (or having to go throw up in the middle of Sacrament meeting).
So these were my big adventures. It is fun to be 2 months old and be able to go on adventures with my Mommy and Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment