Sunday, March 29, 2009

My First Week 2/15 - 2/21

Grandma Romney stayed at our house for my first week. With her and Daddy taking care of us, Mommy and I got time to recover from my birth. Daddy stays up late, and Grandma gets up early, so other than times when I needed to eat, Mommy was able to get some much needed sleep. Grandpa Romney was also in town this week, he was staying at cousin Hailee's house, but he came over lots to visit me! I also got to meet cousin Hailee on my first day home, and Aunt Carol even came over this week to see me.
Another exciting meeting for me was to meet our puppies--Isis, Simba, and Sebastian. I had heard them from inside Mommy's tummy for a long time, but I think all 4 of us were excited to meet each other face to face. The puppies were pretty nervous and curious about all the changes at home, but they got used to me pretty quickly.

On the 19th I went out for the first time because I had my first doctor's appointment. I was really good at the doctor's office, except for when they undressed me, I really don't like to be undressed. Dr. Auxier had a hard time feeling the pulse in my legs, so he sent me to get my blood pressure checked at the Banner Desert Hospital, they have an outpatient pediatric office there. At the hospital they actually used a real blood pressure machine, just like for adults. They put these teeny, tiny little baby blood pressure cuffs on me, and checked my arms and legs. Luckily my results were just fine, and we got to keep one of the cuffs to remember the adventure.
Daddy does most of the cooking at our house, so he and Grandma had that covered this week too. We even had Grandpa Romney over and made yummy stacked enchiladas with Daddy's homemade tortillas. Mommy says these are just the best!
Grandma and Grandpa left town on Saturday, and it was time for Mommy, Daddy, and me to be a little family on our own. We were all ready for the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment