Thursday, June 13, 2013

Growing Babies - Olivia

Olivia literally is the growing baby in our home. A teeny, tiny, growing baby. She had her four-month well visit yesterday and she is now 12 lbs 7 oz and 24 inches long. I think it's around the 25th percent for weight and 50th for height. To me, she is just my baby. But then I get around other babies, there are a few babies in our ward who are close to her age or just a month younger, but are several pounds heavier, and I realize she is a tiny, petite little thing.

At three months old she mastered the art of sucking her thumb, and since then has been sleeping blissfully through the night. Or that might be me, since she and Isaac started sleeping through the night at almost the same time. I am finally getting more than a couple hours of sleep at a time! And you know what, it is amazing! It's like a drug. I want more! Sleep is wonderful!

She reminds me of Eli as a baby in a lot of ways, her slender body and blue-blue eyes (though Eli's are green now), and she also has super strong legs. She pretty much jumps up and down on my lap whenever I try to burp her. And when she lays on her back on a blanket or her play mat she scoots all around. She even figured out rolling over the other day and did it several times in a row! She is so thin that most of her 3-6 month sized bottoms are loose on her, and I've found that she has kicked and scooted out of several bloomers and pants after her naps. She even has one pair of bloomers that slides right off when you hold her upright. She was wearing those on Sunday. At church. Funny!

I say she is clearly a girl because she talks so much more than my boys did as babies. Olivia seems to be very social and loves to smile and chat with us all. She adores Eli and is warming up more to Isaac now that he's learning to be more soft with her. He loves bringing her toys and her binky, and I think she loves it too! When she's in a really good mood (after she's had a nice nap and lots of food), she'll play with the toys on her play mat and talk and make high pitched happy squeals. Again, I love it. And I love her. I love having a daughter, and what a wonderful daughter she is. She's able to reach out and touch our faces now when we hold her, and smiles and coos when we talk to her.

You will probably hate me for saying this, Olivia, but you're not always the most lady-like little baby. There have been several prayers interrupted by loud passing of gas--burps or bottom. This has even happened a few times at church, during prayers, when it's the most quiet and I'm certain everyone in the Sunday School class could hear! But she's got big brothers so what do we expect? She's got to hold her own, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment