Isaac, sweet, funny, silly, tender little Isaac. Sometimes I get so worried that he's "the middle child" and he's not getting babied enough or paid attention to enough or whatever enough. But then I see his always smiling face and realize he is happy. He just is. He is happy with his life. He loves his big brother and little sister, and I don't think he would want a single thing to change. Except for when I try to feed him vegetables. He wouldn't mind if that changed.
I can't believe he is almost two, and this last year for him has really flown by for me. Being pregnant and having a baby will do that. Plus the lack of sleep. He is FINALLY sleeping through the night, and what a sleeping champ he is! He loves his bed and during the day will even ask me to put him down for his nap. He says, "Nigh-night?" Then points to his room. He grabs his binky and sometimes gets a bottle of water, and he's out for a long nap or for the night. We finally got him off the bottles of milk. After his 18 month well visit I said, "No more bottles!" He didn't like it for a day, then was fine getting only water. Now he only gets a bottle in his bed and only gets the binky in his bed. But he is sleeping though the night as of April, so I'm in no rush to take those away!
The one thing Isaac loves most in the world is his big brother Elijah. And he calls him Elijah too, not Eli. I love it. He wakes up and can't wait to see his brother, he follows Eli around, copying him and trying to be just like him. And he is always quick to help Eli feel better, offering hugs, sharing his food, pretty much anything he can to make Eli happy. Isaac truly has a sweet heart. Don't get me wrong, one of their favorite things to play together is wrestling. They are still boys after all. They just happen to really love each other too.
Isaac has done so well adjusting to Olivia. Really. He's amazing. The hardest part is that he sometimes loves her too much and doesn't know how much bigger than her he is. We are working on giving soft kisses and hugs next to her instead of sitting on her, but really he just wants to love her.
Now, that about that vegetable comment above. It's true. This kids loves sweets. And dairy. And really prefers dairy sweets. Yogurt, which he calls "oooo-ooo" is his particular favorite, but ice cream is just a s good. Anything beyond dairy or candy, which he will take any day, any time, is nearly impossible to get him to eat. Sometimes he surprises me and eats a plate full of blueberries or a serving of peas, but most days it all ends up on the floor for the "doggie! doggie!" His words.
Isaac talks a lot. I've been impressed with all the words he knows and how well he can communicate. One of our favorite games is to say, "Hey Isaac guess what?" and he grins widely and says, "What?!" Then I say, "I love you!" and he says, "And back?" and I say, "To the moon and back!" It's sweet and fun and depicts his personality perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment