Sunday, October 2, 2011

Watch Out, He Spits!

Isaac is five weeks old now and, yes, he spits . . . a lot! It's been so fun to see the differences between him and Elijah, even in just five weeks of life. It is hard to believe Isaac has only been around for five weeks; it seems like he's always been a part of our family. I remember feeling that way with Elijah too--like I can't remember what life was like without these boys. They seem to have always been a part of my life, and I love it!
One Month!

Isaac is a fabulous baby. He does spit up a lot, though. That's been an interesting adventure. I now know to always have a burp rag with him, no matter how long ago he ate. He's still a bit of a momma's boy. Mostly I think he likes to snuggle, and his mommy is good at snuggling! He's down to eating every three hours at night--no long stretches of sleep for me--but he is very consistent. I can't remember if it was like this with Eli, or if I'm just more in tune with kid's schedules now that I've already had one, but Isaac and I have his nighttime schedule down pat. He eats at 10pm, 2am, 5am, and 8am--and if he gets to bed a little bit later than 10pm (because mom is busy staying up with big brother . . . who still insists on sleeping in our bed) then everything gets shifted, but the spacing stays the same.
Biiiiiiiiiig Yawn

One of the first things people notice about Isaac is his dark complexion. I swear, EVERY PERSON who has seen Isaac for the first time says 1. how cute he is, and then their second comment is always a remark about his dark complexion. Usually they look at me, and at Eli if he is there, and then ask where Isaac gets his dark complexion from. I've even had a couple people ask if I take a lot of walks and tan him. No, I do not take my five-week-old tanning. He just has beautiful olive skin. And he clearly did not get it from me. Talk to his Daddy. 

This little five-week-old is also super strong. I think he's beefing up so he can start playing with Eli and Daddy. He's been able to hold his head up for a few seconds since birth, but now he does it all the time. If I'm burping him, his head is almost never resting on my shoulder, but is lifted up and looking around. He loves to arch back and look at the fan on the ceiling, and he always seems in awe of it being there. It's adorable. He's also getting long, strong legs, and now tries to stand on my lap when I'm burping him as well. And he's working on sit-ups as well. He often ends up sideways in his swing because he picks up his head and torso in a baby sit-up, and then falls sideways. Yes, he really is only five weeks old.

He's got attitude already.

Isaac loves his baths, but hates the cold few seconds afterward when he's naked and wet, before I can get him dressed. He loves binkies, or anything he can suck on, and is working really hard on becoming a thumb sucker. So far he goes after his little balled up fists and sometimes finds his fingers. It's pretty cute. Eli loves to give Isaac his binky, but often the binky ends up in Eli's mouth, too.
Four Weeks Old

We've had a fun five weeks so far; we even managed to have an impromptu celebration for Isaac's one-month birthday! Gma and Gpa Cox came into town for car shopping on that day, and they ended up coming to our house for dinner. Mel and David came over with their girls, and I had already been making cookies, so we all hung out and celebrated the day!
 
Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment