That Elijah is just amazing! And yes, I did mean to say 5 out of 4. He is so amazing that we had doctors beating down our door just to be in the survey. Plus, if you count Mike as a doctor, well, the numbers just start getting pretty high!
Anyway....back to our amazing boy. He had his 1-year-old check-up this week. I hate to admit that in a prideful way I enjoy taking Eli to the doctor. For the most part he doesn't mind it either, it's just the shots part we both struggle with. Other than that, though, I do enjoy showing him off--especially to an expert like a baby doctor.
(Yes, sorry, this is another mommy-rambling about my oh-so-perfect baby boy. Enjoy!)
One thing I like is being able to see other parents and sort of compare Eli to other 1 year olds. We know he is pretty darn smart, but with the first kid it is sometimes hard to tell what is normal for his age. Every time we see other parents they are always amazed that he is only one, usually becuase of how well he walks. I mean runs. This kid is a MOOOOVER! He is on the go and has the whole, "this is my body and I know how to use it" thing mastered. The doctors also agree, and sympathize with us. It's fun to have a little kiddo running around, but it is also hard to keep up with sometimes too. But mostly fun.
At Eli's 1-year-old visit he is now 30.5 inches tall and weighs just 19 lb 12 oz. This means he is still tall and skinny (75% height/10% weight). He is saying a handful of words now, and is learning new ones every day. Even the words he can't quite remember or say yet he'll try to repeat whenever we say them to him. The good ol' doc said this is more akin to a 15-18 month old. And then he followed that up with a hearty "Good luck. You're boy is smart, that'll be a challenge." :) I am sure that is true, but Eli is just so fun becuase he gets so much of what is going on. Our biggest challenge right now is trying to decide which one of us he gets his looks from and which one of us he gets his brains from.
I know, he gets them both from me. ;)
Woohoo I get to make the first comment! Might I say that Eli is a charming young man and very impressive. Tyson is 7.5 months old and weighs a few pounds more, which means my back hurts more than yours! Good job.
ReplyDelete