Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flower Power



We have this big window at the front of our house with a huge windowsill. It is the type of windowsill that is just begging for a flower box. I've been wanting to put one on there for a long time, but was intimidated becuase I didn't know exactly what to get or how to plant it all. I finally decided to just try something and see how it works. So we all headed down to Home Depot. While Mike went around getting all he needed for our backyard (he has been working so hard back there and making some incredible progress. That post will be coming soon!) I went to tackle the flower stuff. I was excited and nervous, and decided I need to ask an expert for help. Naturally, I called my mom. After some good advice and a confidence boost I was ready to pick out my flowers. The only problem was that I couldn't find a planter big enough for the windowsill. It took a few trips to a few different stores, but I finally settled on this big natural redwood planter, mostly becuase it's the longest one I could find. But also becuase I liked the look of it too. Here's a look at our newly potted friends:

The windowsill with dark purple and white petunias:



The driveway pot with blue-ish/purple-ish and yellow pansies:

The sun pot with primulas.


And of course, no post would be complete without a picture of Eli. He actually helped me while I planted all of these. He even has his own shovel and had fun putting rocks and other things in the the water while Mommy was busy. Now every morning he helps me water all the plants. This is him this morning checking on everything while I grabbed the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment