We have grass!
Mike has been working incredibly hard in the backyard, and Eli loves to be outside supervising while Daddy works. This is all the grass we have so far, but much, much more is coming. Eli absolutely loves it.
Along with the grass we have an incredibly fruitful backyard. And yes, that is a pun. I'm not sure how many trees and plants and bushes there are in totaly, but it's got to be upwards of 30. Included are ...
Apple trees
Peppers (ahem, super HOT peppers!)
Peach trees
Blueberry bushes
Orange and grapefruit trees
Avocado trees
Rose bushes
Basil
And so much more. Let's see...what isn't listed is the plumb tree, apricot tree, pear trees, cherry trees, blackberry bushes, raspberry bushes, strawberry patch, tomato plants, grape vines, gardenias, a pine tree, and some random kind of bush I don't know but it's pretty. I'm surely forgetting something, or things, but this is what we have going so far. It is all young, but we are hopeful that everything will grow and be happy little trees and plants, and, of course, be absolutely delicious!
We don't only love all of this and hope to be somewhat self-sufficient, but it is amazing how motivating it can be to have a kid. Eli, we're doing this all for you!
I will be expecting a fruit basket with your harvest. :)
ReplyDelete