I'm still way behind on posting so I'll just summarize the weeks between Christmas and now.
The week after Christmas we went up to Payson for a day to spend time with all of the Cox family. It was so nice to see everyone and enjoy some more yummy food. If you haven't noticed yet, I really like food. :) On the way home we got into a bit of an accident--and by that I mean we hit a deer. It was late and dark and thankfully no one else was on the road or anything. I think it was a pretty traumatizing experience for all of us, but we are so blessed that none of us were hurt and that Keith and David could come rescue us.
For New Year's Eve we had Mel and Dave and girls come over. We all played RockBand and ate a lot of food and just had a fun time hanging out. Although, I have to admit I was getting pretty sleepy around midnight time. I think we all were. That's about when I go to bed anyway, but I was sure ready for it that night.
New Year's Day was Julie's open house up in Chino Valley. I had been talking to Jules and really wanted to go, but with the events of the week I just wasn't sure what to do. I did have a rental car by then, though, and late the night before Mel and I realized we could fit all three car seats back there. We both were not sure if we were going to go up though--I was pretty sure I would but Mel had also had a long couple of weeks and was pretty sure she would stay home. She called me the next morning just as I was getting ready to leave and we all jumped in the car and headed up there. It was so nice to see Jules and a lot of the family that was there, but it was hard on Eli and I too. This last trip did us in. I ended up getting a really, REALLY bad cold and cough for a few weeks, which I generously passed on to Eli and Mike too.
Also during this time Eli and I decided it was time to wean him. He was really ready for it and was taking bottles quite a bit already, but I don't think I realized the emotional impact this would have on him. Since the last of December he has had a really hard time sleeping--he pretty much refuses to sleep unless he's in my arms. With him being sick and everything I've let this happen, but this week we decided it's time to change him back to his old ways. He used to LOVE his crib and sleeping in there. While I'm sure he doesn't love us for it, we are letting him cry it out until he puts himself to sleep. The first day or two was kind of hard, but he's actually adjusting to it pretty well now. The hardest part is that he is just so happy to be up and with us, even when he is tired. We feel so bad putting him back in his room and making him cry when he is being so good out with us, but we know he needs sleep. Right? This is the best thing, right? I'm still trying to convince myself of that. :)
Let's see, I finally got my car back, and then they took it back, and now I have it back for reals. It took about 5 or 6 weeks in total, and a lot got replaced, but the car is in one piece again and will hopefully continue to work like new for us.
In Eli news he's got his two top teeth now. That was also going on with him being sick and everything else, and he sure let us know about it. But they are through and now he is working on a couple side ones.
Well, that's a pretty condensed version of our January, but really, we were just sick and trying to get my car back the whole time. I don't think anyone really wants to hear those stories anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment