Monday, April 22, 2013

Gardening

Eli helped me do some gardening while the little ones were napping. He was a wonderful helper and it was really fun to do this with him. Taking all three kids to Home Depot earlier that morning to get the stuff was less fun...more crazy.

We planted some flowers in pots in the front yard. And some strawberries, herbs, and-from seeds-carrots and zucchini. The seeds are just starting to sprout.

While planting the flowers in the front yard I had to go to the backyard to get some garden soil. Eli was on the front porch and decided to come find me. He didn't know I had closed the screen door and ran full speed into it--carrying his empty yogurt cup in his mouth. I heard a loud crash then saw Eli come around the corner saying, "Mom, do I have bleed on my face?" (I love that he calls it bleed instead of blood.) The yogurt cup was crushed. And he hit the screen so hard it ripped off the frame and knocked the frame off the track. But luckily he didn't have any bleed on his face. Eli bounced back into the house and asked for more yogurt.

Hope he still wants to garden with me next time!

Isaac was checking our work after he woke up from his nap.


Strawberries on the right, basil middle top, cilantro below that, and on the left is three rows of carrots and a row of zucchini seeds.


Eli watering his seeds.





Our pretty lily plant.


Front yard flowers we planted.




Eli showing Isaac our "new" screen door...also known as our broken screen door.

No comments:

Post a Comment