Sunday, December 4, 2011

Potty Trained!

Eli is potty trained!

Well, not entirely...but almost! We've been sort of *working* on this forever by using pull-ups and trying to take him to the potty (and hoping he would tell me when he needs to go). Mostly it just turned into a big fight for him. So I just decided to go cold-turkey. We let Eli run around nekkid for a couple days and setting a potty timer every hour and voila! He uses the potty now and keeps his undies dry. Going #2 is a completely different story, and we're going to be working on that one for a looooooong time. But I am so happy to cut way down on the diaper changes during the day. And Eli has been so proud of himself for being a big boy. He got to go to the store and pick out new underwear--Thomas the Train. He's already got Lightning underwear (Cars underwear) and he loves being able to pick what he gets to wear each day. And, yes, I'm sure this post/page in the family album is totally going to embarrass him when he is sixteen. I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment