Wednesday, January 27, 2010

November News

So, apparently Mommy forgets that blogging means she actually has to blog. Silly Mommy. For my New Year's resolution I decided to let Mommy do all the blogging from her perspective, so you probably won't be hearing back from me for a while. --Eli

The last few months have seemed busy for us, and I'm going to stick with that excuse for why I haven't blogged in forever. But no matter, I am back now and hope to be doing better at this in the coming months. Here are some things we did in November:

Eli started walking! He's been cruising forever, but in November he officially started taking steps. It was mostly getting excited and running around the couch and then taking a step or two away from the couch, but still it counts.

Eli went to the doctor for his 9-month check-up. When the doctor asked if he was starting to crawl and I replied that he was cruising all the furniture and venturing a few steps the doctor was quite surprised. In fact, I don't think he really believed me. Oh well, I know it's true. Eli weighed in at 18 lb 5 oz and 29.5 inches tall. That means what we can already tell--the kid is tall and skinny! He also got a few shots, with the bonus swine flu shot, but he was mostly a very good boy.

Right before Thanksgiving Eli and I went up to Chino Valley to throw Julie's bridal shower. The sisters all pitched in to throw our baby sister an amazing shower. I am lucky to have such awesome sisters who did so much that night! And, of course, our superhuman Mom cleaned the house, got it ready, and let us take it over to throw this shower. Eli and I went up on Sunday and came back on Wednesday--the shower was Tuesday evening. I usually hate that drive but Carol came with us and that made it so much better! The weekend was a lot of fun, and though Eli is still very attached to his bed and only his bed--he managed to get through the week okay and I only missed out on a few hours of sleep. :)

Of course, we got back on Wednesday and had to get the house ready for Thanksgiving the next day. We had it at our house with Mike's mom and Staci's kids. Mel, Hailee, and Claire were also able to make a special appearance for dinner. They willingly sat through a second Thanksgiving dinner after just having one at the fire station with David. Although, I don't think we had to twist their arm too much to eat some of Mike's delicious cooking. He did all of the food, an as always it was amazing. We had a wonderful time seeing everyone and we especially enjoyed having the leftovers for the next week after! Yumm!

It seems like I am forgetting something but that pretty much wraps up our November.






No comments:

Post a Comment