Friday, October 30, 2009

And then there were two...teeth that is.

Yep, I got a second tooth this week. It's a neighbor to my little friend. Now I have my two front (bottom) teeth and it's not even Christmas! I didn't fuss too much about getting this one. I think Mommy and Daddy appreciated that.

I am also now an accomplished crawler! At the beginning of this month I said I could scoot and sort of crawl once in a while. Well, it didn't take me very long to figure out how this works, and soon after that I started crawling. Once I got the hang of it I started crawling everywhere and now I'm an old pro. I like to chase my soccer ball or other toys around the house. I also like to get into the puppies water dish, chew on the computer wires and cords, crawl into the puppies room to get them and their toys, play with the wall outlets, and my most favorite is playing with the candles on the bookshelf. Every once in a while I will pound on the DVR and receiver for the TV--just to make sure Mommy and Daddy are paying attention to me. Plus they have all those pretty lights on them, so you really can't blame me.

With all of this crawling I keep my parents plenty busy chasing after me too. I give them breaks every once in a while--like when I stop to stand and play with something. That's right, I said stand, but not on my own--yet. I can pull myself up to stand on pretty much anything--including Mommy's legs or even the wall. I have let go a few times and can balance for a few seconds on my own before I realize I'm not holding on to anything--then I just grab hold again. I've even tried lunging for things while standing and have almost taken steps. Not real steps yet, more just trying to get to something and a foot happens to go out to help me. I bet I'll keep Mommy and Daddy really busy when I start walking...and running!!

I am a chatter box and love to make all kinds of noises. For the last few weeks I have been especially focused on my squeals. I just want to see how loud and high I can get my voice to go. I do this a lot, mostly when I am really happy, which is all the time. About a week ago I started really squealing all the time--like all day long. Those were a long few days for Mommy while Daddy was at work and I was making noises. Then on Monday I didn't squeal. And on Tuesday I didn't squeal either. Instead, I replaced the squeal with a trill of my tongue that I've also been working on lately. This is much quieter and more enjoyable--according to Mommy. I haven't squealed all week, until tonight. Mommy and I went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat. I guess with all the kids and the loud noises and everything I just got really excited too, because I started squealing there. Well see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment