Teething
I am still teething but haven't gotten any pearly whites yet. I have two teeth that want to poke through on my bottom gum, but they are taking their precious time getting here. Some days I am fine, and some days I am pretty fussy because my mouth hurt. Mommy and Daddy do everything they can to help me feel better, there's just not always a lot they can do.
Eating
I am eating cereal now! I started on rice cereal (organic, of course!) but that seemed to stop me up inside a bit. Instead, Mommy switched me to oatmeal cereal. I have also eaten some carrots and peas, and even tried a taste of prunes--I didn't like the prunes very much. Mostly I just eat the cereal and I LOVE it! I love to sit at the table with Mommy and Daddy when they eat, and it is especially fun now that I get to eat my own food too! Because of my teething, I like to chew on things, and once Daddy gave me a big hard pretzel to chew on. I really liked this and hope to have more things to chew on soon!
Sitting Up
I do not like to lay down--I want to be up and see the world. Now that I am bigger, I can even sit up on my own for a little bit. I'm still pretty wobbly, so Mommy or Daddy have to stay close. But when they sit me up and let me play, I can sit up all by myself! Next I will have to learn how to get myself to sit up all by myself!
Standing
More than sitting up, I love to stand! I am always trying to be up and standing whenever I can. In fact, I wake mommy up in the mornings, not by crying, but by grunting because I'm trying to get up. Mommy and Daddy discovered that I can stand all on my own--sort of. I can stand up outside of my jumper, and as long as I hold on to the jumper I can stand up. I love doing this and stand for a really long time.
Sleeping In My Crib
My crib is all set up in my room, and this past month we got a mattress for it. I was getting too big for my bassinet, and my doctor said I should be sleeping through the night, so Mommy and Daddy are working on getting me used to sleeping in my crib. I now take all of my naps in there and am pretty good at that. I also fall asleep in there at night, but still wake up after a couple hours to nurse. Mommy and Daddy are going to start working on letting me put myself back to sleep. We'll see how that goes--I can be pretty loud and cranky when I don't get what I want. But I do have a really nice crib in a nice room all my own, so maybe I will start sleeping in there more. (Mommy can only hope!)
No comments:
Post a Comment